April 24th-April 28th Weekly Work

Session Number  5
Week Number 5
Total Estimated Hours Contributed this Week: 5
What was your overall goal for this week? Finish the second map

Work Tasks 

Date Task Description Time Spent Was this a Best Practice? 
April 24thAdded various background objects to the map.1 hourYes, since my job as level designer is to make the map.
April 25thFinished the layout of the map, completing it (for the most part)1 hourYes, since my job as level designer is to make the map.
April 26thI thought I had finished the map yesterday, but I didn’t, so I added some finishing touches, and fixed spawn points so that people can actually play the map. I spent the rest of the period doing nothing because I had nothing to do. 1 hourYes. Because I hadn’t finished the map, and we wanted to do a playtest of it, it was good to finish it. Because we didn’t playtest the game today (The multiplayer didn’t work) I didn’t have anything left to do,
April 27thWe did a playtest of the game. I watched everyone and tried to figure out what guns needed balancing. 1 hourYes, because I need to figure out what to balance before I balance them.
April 28thI began changing the stats of guns, to make them more balanced, based off of the playtest from yesterday. 1 hourNow that my job as a level designer is finished, I need to work on balancing the guns, so this was a best practice